Endodontics And Root Canal Treatments In Calgary
Alleviate Pain with a Root Canal
Root canals are sometimes necessary to avoid the extraction of a tooth. If your tooth is unable to heal itself in the event of disease or injury, a root canal may be your best option. Skyview Ranch Dental Clinic is here to help with root canals designed to alleviate any resulting pain.
If you do require a root canal, we offer the following suggestions to prepare yourself before going in.
Before Your Root Canal
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol at least 24 hours before coming in.
- Consume a filling meal beforehand as eating will be difficult in the hours following due to numbness.
- Take an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory prior to the procedure, such as Ibuprofen. This can help reduce the eventual swelling.
- Call the clinic if you are experiencing excessive pain in the days leading up to the procedure. One of our dentists can prescribe an antibiotic to help settle the infection.
- A good night’s sleep can help reduce any anxiety on the day of.
- Arm yourself with information. If you have any questions about the procedure, Skyview Ranch Dental Clinic is just a phone call away. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team. We will happily address your questions or concerns about any upcoming procedure